Ethos, Aims and Values
Dream, Believe, Achieve. These three words are at the heart of everything at Roydon Primary Academy.
Roydon is a place where children experience an enjoyable, creative and safe environment; this inspires and encourages children to dream big and achieve their full potential. We have a passionate and supportive community which is mirrored in our school, with strong relationships between staff and children built on respect and trust. We believe wholeheartedly that a ‘can do’ attitude leads to our children achieving their goals through hard work and perseverance. We believe that our impressive outdoor spaces which are utilised regularly, promotes creativity, well-being, respect for the environment and fuels imaginative learning.
We believe that a happy school is a successful school.
Together, we seek to develop children to become:
- Keen to learn and achieve
- Confident, hard working and motivated
- Independent and self-disciplined
- Happy, co-operative and responsible
- Healthy and safe
- Good communicators and responsible citizens
We do this by:
- Providing a secure environment which encourages thinking, learning and caring
- Setting clear and high expectations about standards of work
- Promoting high standards of behaviour based on self respect and respect for others within and beyond the school community
- Involving children in decision making
- Motivating and encouraging
- Celebrating and rewarding succes, both inside and outside of school
- Valuing the individual
- Involving families in their child’s education