A Young Carer is a child under 18 who regularly helps to look after a family member or friend who is disabled, ill, or abuses drugs or alcohol. Children may engage in:-
- Practical tasks (cooking, housework and shopping);
- Physical care (lifting or helping someone use the stairs;
- Personal care (dressing, washing, helping with toilet needs);
- Managing the family budget, collecting benefits and prescriptions;
- Managing medication;
- Looking after young siblings;
- Helping someone communicate.
Roydon Primary School can support young carers
If you, or a family member, needs support please contact Mr Clark at email@example.com. All contact will be treated in strictest confidence.